Wednesday, December 7

If All the Raindrops were Apple Pie and Meatballs...

It's been a rather long hiatus for me, so I'm sorry but truly I do little than sleep and nom on pizza.

Anyway, I woke up at 1 pm today by my roommate walking in and asking me if I wanted to go grocery shopping with her. Now, last night I had contemplated redeeming my free pizza from Papa John's to last me the rest of the week, but didn't have the necessary $2.16 delivery fee. So I just ate leftover rice which (despite my ethnicity), I hysterically hate. Going to the grocery was necessary, because unless I lost a tooth, I still wouldn't have $2.16 in the morning.

Grocery shopping was feasible because of the cold, shiny plastic my parents left me to use for emergencies. Thinking hunger was a valid excuse, I went to Pathmark and bought Coke, pie, meatballs, and mozzarella sticks. All the necessities.

Munched on mozzarella sticks, while watching Park and Recreation, until I had to go to work. Walking to the shuttle is no joke in the rain, although in general, I love walking in the rain because everything smells cleaner and the steady rhythm of raindrops is very soothing. Plug in some rainy day music and it's altogether a good time. Only having flats to wear: not so fun. Wet shoes, wet socks, wet feet, wet jeans are very disagreeable, especially if you have to work in them for 3 or 4 hours.

I'm at work now, and maybe once I get home, I'll watch more Parks while nomming on pie. Or listen to orchestral music while watching the rain fall. You can't ask me to do work when it's raining because I'll only half-ass it in my drowsiness.

No comments: